Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Severe premature ejaculation

Severe premature ejaculation

Patient: I have been smoking marijuana daily for about two years now and binge drinking a couple of nights a week. Before I got into these habits, I had no premature ejaculation but its gradually gotten worse to the point that I now cannot even last one minute. Could these habits have caused this problem, and if so, if I stop one or both how long will it take for my normal sexual function to return?

Doctor: Premature ejaculation is not an uncommon problem among young men and can be quite distressing to both sufferers and thei r sexual partners. The two substances you have mentioned are both widely accepted to reduce sexual function and interest. This could explain your present issues with premature ejaculation. However, you should also note that most cases of premature ejaculation stem from psychological issues with one or both partners. I suggest decresing your intake of both substances to see if there is any improvement. I suspect that there wil be.