Severe Rectal Bleeding!

Patient

Q: I have no idea what catagory this would fall in.

Quick history: my husband is 62 years of age. He had 3 stents put in, in October 2010 and was placed on blood thinners. This may help to explain my anxiety.

In 2009, he had a colonoscopy to attempt to find a reason for his rectal bleeding. No abnormalities were found. He continued to bleed.

Since being placed on the bloodthinners, his bleeding is more severe! He does bleed during the day sometimes, but mostly at night when he is asleep. It scares me that he might bleed to death during the night!

Yes, he does have hemorroids. Could it be possible that they are rupturing? What measures need to be taken?

Doctor