Severe sore throat, green, chunky Phlegm, discharge in eyes.

Q: What a great service, and very kind of Physicians to participate!

I have had a severe sore throat for about 7 days now. I have the typical cold symptoms that are accompanying it. No trouble breathing but a severe cough at night. I felt this is reasonably common until this morning. My situation hasn't improved at all and I woke up with puss-like substance and redness in both eyes. I can barely swallow and the pain has interrupted my sleep. I don't seem to be running a fever except for one day a few days ago and it was very mild. I am not short of breath or experiencing any breathing problems, and the phlegm is minimal, but green and chunky. My energy level is average. Also have had two episodes of excessive sweating which didn't last much longer than an hour. Average temps have been between 97-98. Should I be worried or should I continue bed rest and try to fight this off naturally. The throat pain is by far the worst and I can say in my 36 years I have not had a sore throat this bad. Also for the sake of significance, this seemed to have started immediately following my quitting smoking marijuana, which I have been smoking at least once a day for the past few years.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards, Wallace.

Symptoms:  -Severe sore throat (chronic)
-Green/dark chunky Phlegm (consistent)
-coughing (not chronic)
-sneezing (not chronic)
-White puss-like substance in eyes this morning.
-Redness of eyeballs.
-Only the feeling of fever, no real temps exceeding 98.