Severe throat pain for four months now

Q: I have been fighting a severe throat pain for months now, started off with a positive result for strep throat i was prescribed antibiotics and it helped. Three days after the course of antibiotics pain returned just as severe this time results came back negative for strep throat however i was persribed different antibiotics which helped during the course. However once again about 2-3 days after throat pain came back and they give me more antibiotics... around this time i returned home for christmas break stopped taking antibiotics and a whole three weeks i was fine with no throat issue. came back to school and third day major pain returns....i have purchased humidified thinking dry air, I've done salt water gargles plenty of fluids i am out of ideas and and seeking professional help but appointment not for another 2 months ....i can't keep taking antibiotics but the pain is severely affecting my life.

Symptoms:  Severe throat pain, hurts swallowing, tender throat

A:   Thank you for your question. It seems as though that you may be suffering from a chronic bacterial throat infection. You may need to have a specialist examine your throat to see if your tonsils are inflamed and creating a nidus for bacterial growth and inflammation. In addition to antibiotics treatment, you may need to be treated with antibiotic medication you may also need to be assessed for tonsillitis, which in severe cases will require surgical removal. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting