Severe Vitamin D deficiency

Patient

Q: I am a 54 yo, 185 lb., 5'7" tall, white post menopausal female w/ stage 4 arthritis in both knees, lumbar & cervical spine pain, severe depression, & a Vitamin D level of 9. I need to know how many units of Vit. D I need to take to quickly raise my level of this vitamin since my quality 0f life is truly not good at this time, My depression keeps me from even getting out of bed, & pain in y knees prevents me from staying up long when I do get up.

Symptoms:  Severe depression, extreme fatigue, forgetfulness & confusion, I bleed easily period, but especially noticeable in gums and nose, and I have gained weight slowly, but more than ever before!
Doctor

Patient: I see related answers to my question using However, my orthopaedic surgeon found the Vit. D deficiency, & when I called G.P., his nurse returned my call saying to take 1000 Units/day of Vd3. My symptoms are getting worse, so I'm asking what to do as my symptoms are taking over my life! Thank you.