Severely allergic to shrimp. Can I eat other shellfish?

Patient : I am severely allergic to shrimp would it be okay if i eat other shellfish or should i stay away all together
Symptoms:  i have an epipen
face and hands swell up when i eat shrimp
never had any other type of shellfish before
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We recommend that you stay away from shell fish altogether until you consult an allergist a nd undergo specific allergy testing to determine what foods you are allergic to. Be sure when eating out you have your epipen with you at all times in the event of accidental ingestion of foods you may be allergic too. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com