Sex 2 days before periods, delayed periods, am I pregnant?

Patient

Q: I had intercourse with my husband 2 days before my period, now its delayed, i have light cramps, and watery discharge, am i pregnant?

Symptoms:  Delayed period, light cramps, watery discharge
Doctor

A:   Hi,
In case of regular menstrual cycles usually ovulation will not occur 2 to 3 days before menstruation.
So the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case.
Abdominal cramps, watery discharge etc you are having could be due to the premenstrual phase and possibly you may get periods soon.
Better to wait for one more week.
If you do not get periods even after one week or if you are having previous history of irregular periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.
Take care.