x
Browse
183 Physicians Online

Question:

Sex after c section

My wife had c section on 1st march 2010 and she never had before. now my question is when can we have sex and when can we plan for our next child.

Answer:

After giving a Cesarean-section, it would be recommended to wait to ensure that the incision is healing properly and that the bleeding coming from the uterus is decreasing in volume.
The time recommended for re-start your sex life again is about six weeks. However, If you are planning to have another baby you should wait for the uterus to recover completely from the last surgery,   Studies have also shown that women who conceive less than six months after giving birth may have a higher risk for complications such as a ruptured uterus or a premature or low-birth weight baby. The ideal time to become pregnant again would be after a year.  I hope I could clear your doubt.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA