Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sex after circumsion

Sex after circumsion

Patient: Good day doctor me and my boyfriend had sex 3 and half weeks after he had a circumcision and while making love his last stitch fell off luckily we were using a condom and he bleed a bit in the condom he felt dizzy and I gave him some water and also beetroot to restore the blood lost. I would like to know if this incident will one day give him an effect or endanger his life? I’m very concerned.

Doctor: Your boyfriend should be fine. His wound would have healed sufficiently after 3 and half weeks such that the loss of the suture (stitch) would not adversely affect healing.  He should have no long term effects from this incident.