Sex and contraceptive pills

Q: Before i engaged myself with sex, should i considered taking contraceptive pills or hormonal one to avoid pregnancy. i'm going to marry this June and both of us agree not to have babies yet. he asked me to take pills and all but i'm not certain of it. should i consult doctors about it, what is the pros and cons of taking it, and where can i get those pills. it would be really nice if you read and reply my questions. or maybe you could suggest link(s) for me to read further. thanks!

A:   I understand and respect your decision about Birth Control.  Certainly it is a very responsible decision and I will try my best to enlighten you with some information.
Before choosing the right contraceptive method make an honest assessment of yourself, your partner and your relationship, ideally you and your partner will discuss the options and reach a mutually beneficial decision. There are many options from natural family planning and over-the-counter birth control products to prescription contraceptives.
Birth control pills are a common type of contraception. If you're considering taking birth control pills, you may have more choices than you'd think. You'll start by choosing either combination birth control pills or minipills. If you choose combination birth control pills, you'll have another choice conventional packs or continuous dosing. With conventional birth control pills, you'll have a period every month. With continuous dosing birth control pills, you may have a period only four times a year or eliminate your period entirely.
If you need birth control only occasionally, over-the-counter male or female condoms might be appropriate birth control options. You might also consider a contraceptive sponge and spermicidal. If you're most concerned about effectiveness, prescription contraceptives such as contraceptive injections, a vaginal ring or an intrauterine device might be better birth control options.
Lastly natural family planning includes the rhythm method, the cervical mucus method and the basal body temperature method. You can use these types of natural family planning to predict when you'll ovulate and when you need to avoid unprotected sex, if you don't want to conceive. Another type of natural family planning is withdrawal, in which the man withdraws his penis from the vagina before ejaculation to prevent pregnancy but surely this is the least effective method.
Natural family planning requires motivation, diligence and self-control. Natural family planning isn't as effective as other types of birth control, but it's inexpensive and doesn't have any side effects.  I would suggest you to consult a physician for a more detailed conversation and to answer all of your questions, I am sure that he or she would suggest the best method for you according to your lifestyle and needs. I wish you the best.