Sex and Vaginal Dryness

Patient

Q: Hello I have a personal problem, when I am having intercourse with my partner, I become dry quite quickly, i am very attracted to my partner and it is starting to get me down, is there anything I can take, like creams etc to help improve without him knowing? Anon

Doctor

A:   Vaginal dryness is a common problem, and while some women produce increased secretions during sex, while some may remain relatively dry despite the fact that they are attracted to their partner and enjoying the sex.  Adequate and prolonged foreplay will certainly help  increase the level of secretion. You can also use the lubricant pessaries like replens and senselle available over counter which works for a few days without the need of lubricating each time before sex. Various other forms of lubricant applications are available that can be used to help solve this problem.
Vaginal dryness is a common problem, and while some women produce increased secretions during sex, while some may remain relatively dry despite the fact that they are attracted to their partner and

enjoying the sex.  Adequate and prolonged foreplay will certainly help  increase the level of secretion. You can also use the lubricant pessaries like replens and senselle available over counter which works for a

few days without the need of lubricating each time before sex. Various other forms of lubricant applications are available that can be used to help solve this problem.