Sex during first weeks of pregnency

Q: I m married from last 2 years. last year i conceived for 2 weeks but after that it starts bleeding. now after 1 year i checked for my pregnancy at home with digital strip. its positive. its my first week of conception. can i have sex these days? i m scared of my past, n dont want 2 loss that. can u plz help?

A:   Hello, I understand your concern about sex during pregnancy. The probability of miscarriage due to a sexual encounter during the first weeks is uncommon. Certainly the cause of miscarriage is varied, and most often the cause cannot be identified. During the first trimester, the most common cause of miscarriage is chromosomal abnormality as well as infections such as urinary infections, smoking, caffeine and trauma.Sex is not considered a risk factor for miscarriage during the first weeks; in fact sex could be performed up to 7 months of pregnancy if no risks for the baby are present. However due to your history of miscarriage, you might want to wait until your first ultrasound to confirm a good implantation of the fertilized egg in your uterus. I wish you the best.