Sex in 8th Month of Pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hi doctor . im mike , my wife is going to deliver twins baby end of this month. she is eight months completed. is that possible to have sex now.? some are saying that if we have sex now it will be easy to deliver baby easily .is that true ? please answer doctor.

Doctor

A:   Sex is the last month of pregnancy can be helpful in the initiation of the labour, because semen contain prostaglandins (in very small amounts), which are the key hormones to bring about contraction of the uterus and cervical dilatation. So if there are no complications in the pregnancy and the position of the placenta in the uterus is not low, it should be fine to have sex as far as you and your wife are both comfortable doing so.

Sex is the last month of pregnancy can be helpful in the initiation of the labour, because semen contain prostaglandins (in very small amounts), which are the key hormones to bring about contraction of the uterus and cervical dilatation. So if there are no complications in the pregnancy and the position of the placenta in the uterus is not low, it should be fine to have sex as far as you and your wife are both comfortable doing so.