Sex on 6th day of my period

Q: On 6th days of my period i had unprotected sex .I got bleeding after sex. Is there any chance to get pregnant.Do i have to take i pill?

A:   Thank you for your query.
When you have sex on the day 6 of your menstrual cycle and when the bleeding is there, the chances of a pregnancy are almost remote. You probably are on a safe day. But it also depends on the length of your menstrual pattern, if you have regular periods i.e., ~ 28- 30 day cycle then you probably don’t have to worry, but if it is of shorter duration then you may have to take an i-pill or emergency pill or also called as morning after pill.