Sex on day 8

Patient

Q: I had sex on day 8 of my 28 day cycle and a week later got a white discharge. I usually get a discharge when I ovulate for a day and its light but I've had this discharge for over a week and its heavy. Also I had some cramps like it was my period but my period isn't due for a week. I'm also extremely tired. I can sleep for twelve hours and I'm still exhausted. Could I be preggers? I want to be, so lay it on me.

Symptoms:  Discharge. Fatigue. Cramps. Emotional.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Ovulation usually occurs between days 11 to day 18 of the menstrual cycle. As you have said that you had sex on the 8th day of the menstrual cycle, the spermatozoa could be viable in the female genital tract for about 72 to 96 hours. If ovulation occurred early on i.e. day 11 to 12 there is a probability for a conception. Only with signs & symptoms we cannot ascertain whether you have conceived or not. If you don’t get your menstrual cycle even after 7 to 10 days & past the expected date of the menstrual cycle opt for a home pregnancy test.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.