Sexual Activity With an Individual Infected with MRSA

Patient : I have recently become romantically interested in a women who has informed me that she has a MRSA and was hospitolized for 6 days last year and given zyvox intraveniously through that time. She told me that she would like to pursue a relationship but does not want to infect me with what she claims is a very deadly and scary situation... Would i be putting my life and health in serious risk if i take this relationship to a physical level, or are there any general risks with this situation?
Doctor :   MRSA can acquired from contact with a person who has it, this bacteria is usually present on the skin and if a person ha ve an open wound and gets in contact with another person who carries the resistant bacteria, transmission might be possible. Sex is also considered a risk factor. To prevent this I would suggest you to her and encourage carefully washing of her hands for at least 15 seconds, and then dry them with a disposable towel. Keep cuts and abrasions clean and covered with sterile, dry bandages until they heal. The pus from infected sores may contain MRSA, and keeping wounds covered will help keep the bacteria from spreading. Avoid sharing personal items such as towels, sheets, razors, clothing and athletic equipment. MRSA spreads on contaminated objects as well as through direct contact. These would help decrease the chances of transmission, the most important indication is to prevent the entry of the bacteria your body. I wish you the best.