Sexual leakage. leaking semen during and after sex

Patient

Q: Can you tell me why my penis leaks semen during sex after about 5 to 10 minutes until I properly ejaculate of which I can control?
It also happens after sex for a few minutes or so. Is it any thing to worry about? Can it be stopped?

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

As a male is aroused by sexual feelings, some amount of precum comes out of his penis, and this is absolutely normal. And same is the case post ejaculation, where some amount of semen may come out after sexual intercourse. I want to assure you, this is quite normal, and there is nothing to worry about.

A lot of people have apprehensions about precum wondering why semen is leaking before intercourse. But this is just excitatory fluid secreted in response to a sexual stimuli.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.