Ask The Doctor > Pending > Sharing bathroom with loved one who has hepatitis c

Sharing bathroom with loved one who has hepatitis c

Patient: I have a loved one living with me that has hepatitis c . my concern is sharing bathroom with my loved one due to having kids .. He shaves in the sink and I am afraid to floss my kids teeth due to them using the same faucet he shaves at .. If he shaves and I floss my kids teeth at the very sink he shaves at what are the chances of transmission ? If I floss my kids teeth and hepatitis c stays on a service up to four days ? Also hair trimmers he used mine are these save to use or should I just give them to him ? What’s a good product to kill the virus on surfaces if any ? Please help me because I have not been brushing my teeth or kids due to this ?

Symptoms: N/a

Doctor: