Sharp/burning pain in shoulder after shoveling.

Q: I was shoveling yesterday and injured my shoulder. There is a constant dull pain in the center of my deltoid, about four inches down from the top of my shoulder. It often twinges in severe pain, though the movement that causes it is not consistent. It feels somewhat cold burning at the same time. Is this something to worry about or should I treat it like a strain?

Symptoms:  Sore/sharp pain in shoulder

Thank you for posting your query on ATD.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are right that you are suffering from muscle sprain. Treatment of it is analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Muscle relaxant such as Thiocholchoside can be of use. Rest to joint is helpful in relieving pain.
Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.