x
150 Physicians Online

Question:

Sharp Chest Pains for a period of Time

I am a 28 year old male . I have been experiencing deep sharp chest pains in the left side of my chest for several months now. Some days I don't experience it adn other days it happens quite often about 10 times a day lasting for a couple seconds. I do not have health insurance and need to know if this is a serious matter and need to seek medical attention.

Answer:

There could be many causes of left sided chest pain and it is extremely difficult for me to comment on what could be the cause in your case. Pain arising from the heart, lungs, upper gastrointestinal system and chest wall could all cause similar symptoms. A possible cause could be due to angina. I would still advice you to see you GP for a more thorough physical examination including a BP and a cardiac exam , other testing like a lipid panel along with a cardiac stress test and an ECG to rule out any underlying cardiac problem like an angina, take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA