Sharp Foot Pain in the Middle Sole

Patient : Once in a while I get a very sharp pain in the sole of my foot. This usually occurs when I am walking up stairs. It is not in the heel of my foor but more in the middle-sole area. I am 18 and play hockey. What may this be?
Doctor :   You may have developed flat feet possibly due to tendon injury or tightening of the Achilles tendon during exercise or s ports. You need to rest your foot and take some anti inflammatory medications to reduce the inflammation. Avoid weight bearing on the involved foot. You may consult an orthopedic specialist for investigations and available treatment options including surgical repair.