Sharp lower back pain followed by loss of consciousness

Q: I have lower back pain off and on for several years. Last year I bent over and a sharp pain brought me to the floor. The next morning I got out of bed and started to walk and immediately got dizzy, cold, sweaty and passed out for about 2-3 minutes and was completely unresponsive to any attempt by others to wake me. This exact thing happened yesterday. I went to the doctor and she seemed to think it was just the pain that caused me to pass out. However I am a little worried that something else could be going on. What sort of tests should I ask for to make sure it isn't something worse than "back pain"?

Thank you,

Symptoms:  Sharp lower spinal pain; dizziness, loss of consciousness,