Sharp pain behind knee

Q: I began exercising last Wednesday and 2 days later on Friday I was standing and got a stabbing pain behind my right knee that came and went for about 2 hours. Since then I have had a pain that has come and gone behind my right knee and throughout my leg, from my thigh to my ankle and foot only in the right leg. I at first thought maybe it was a pulled muscle but began to read online about dvt. I was just wondering if a pulled muscle could cause this or should I be more concerned. I am a 28 year old female - non smoker.

Symptoms:  Initially sharp behind behind right knee that came and went. Now pain and consistently comes out go throughout my whole right leg, majority of pain is behind right knee. Has been going on for 5 days.