Sharp pain in back little left of my spine

Patient: Hello there, i recently felt a sharp pain near the middle of my back and a little left of my spine. It happens when i tilt my head down or move, walk a certain way. When i cough or have hiccups it causes the same sharp pain as well as a burning sensation for a minute more or less. I cant afford much right now, i work in a restaurant as well. I lift heavy objects and buckets of ice often. I don’t recall feeling anything strange while doing anything. Ive felt it for about 3-4 days now.

Symptoms: Sharp pain, dull at times, burning semsation

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Since your pain is acute in nature (3-4 days), you probably sustained a muscle strain injur y from heavy lifting at work. We recommend that you take a few days of rest applying some heat and gentle massage to the area. You can further alleviate your pain by taking some analgesic medication such as ibuprofen. When you return to work, you can ask to placed on some light duty for about two weeks, to facilitate your healing process, and not cause any more damage. If your symptoms do not improve in about 2-3 weeks, please seek medical attention.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com