Sharp pain in shoulder. maybe broken.

Patient

Q: I have had trouble with my left shoulder for a couple of years. I could hear bones cracking when i moved my arm in certain ways and my shoulder has simply felt weak for the last couple years.

Today i woke up with a lot of pain in my shoulder and i cant move my arm much without causing high levels of pain in my shoulder.

I would like to know if it is possible that i had a mild fracture this whole time and i pushed it over the edge somehow? Or perhaps it is something else? It does not feel like muscle pain.

Please let me know what you think

Symptoms:  Sharp pain in shoulder. Inability to put my arm through its full range of motion. Sounds of cracking in shoulder when moving
Doctor