Sharp pain near right scapula

Patient

Q: I have had severe sharp pain in between my spine and my right scapula for over 4 years and was wondering what could be the problem. What does it mean to have this sharp pain near my right scapula?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We do require some more details on your sharp pain in the area of your scapula in order to give you some suggestions as to what may be causing this. In general, pain in this area could be caused by issues with your spine, muscles, shoulder joints or other etiologies. Since you have had this pain for 4 years, we strongly recommend that you be evaluated by a specialist who will be able to run specific examinations and tests to determine the source of your pain.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com