Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sharp pain/numbness/tingling shot through left arm

Sharp pain/numbness/tingling shot through left arm

Patient: While on an incline bench, when I came down with the barbell to the stopping point a sharp tingling sensation shot through my left arm from around my clavicle/shoulder down to my finger tips. This happened about a month and a half ago. Since then I regularly experience tingling in my left arm and numbness going down the pinky side of my palm making my pinky and pinky side of my ring finger numb. The sensations come and go. Seems like a pinched ulnar nerve. What should I do and what kind of doctor should I go to?

Symptoms: Numbness and tingling on left arm.

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It seems th at you got some temporary pressure in the region of ulnar nerve or lower nerves roots in brachial plexus in cervical region ( C7-C8). You are likely to recover gradually itself. You will be benefitted by neurotropic vitamins such as B1, B6 and B12. You can investigate in nerve conduction test of upper limb. You can visit orthopedician for it.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.