Sharp vaginal pain when attempting intercourse, bleeding occurred, never has happened before

Patient : About a week ago I went to the doctor because i had a yeast infection. My doctor gave me a pill for it. two days later my period arrived. One day ago i tried having sex and as soon as the penis inserted inside my vagina i felt a sharp pain, i attempted again a different position and it still hurt. I tried again today and there was the same sharp pain but this time it caused bleeding. I have never had a pain like this before.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that the pain and bleeding you experienced during attempted intercourse coul d be due to your recent yeast infection. Yeast infections are caused by a fungus, candida albicans. This fungus can cause vaginal itching, dryness, irritation, and discharge. Even after treatment you may experience some vaginal dryness and inflammation as the sensitive vaginal tissue heals. It is possible that during the inflamed vaginal surfaces were disrupted during in attempted intercourse resulting in the experienced pain and bleeding. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and refrain from sexual intercourse for a few more days while this heals as well as have your current symptoms evaluated by your doctor to make sure that you do not require further treatment. Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com