Shingles and contact with the elderly

Q: Hi, Yesterday I developed chicken pox spots in the morning, my 5 yr old son has them. By the evening I developed shingles on my right side just under the armpit. I have has chicken pox over 10 times in my life and this is the secong time I have had shingles.
My problem is that I am supposed to go to stay with my mother in law over christmas, she lives(manages) a residential home for the elderly. Her house is part of the residential scheme. I am worried about going there as I have read that both shingles and chicken pox should be kept away from elderly people, will I be safe to go there? We would be having to walk the dogs 2 times a day while we are there so it would mean sharing the corridoors with the elderly that live there.