Shingles side effects inquiry.

Patient

Q: My mother is suffering from Shingles. The infected areas are her neck, elbows and thighs. She is taking a tablet called Aciclovir 5 times a day, however she is suffering from possible side effects. She is extremely tired, not hungry, severe aching in her legs to the point where she can't sleep. These are all listed side effects but i want to know for sure that it is the tablets causing this and not Shingles itself.

Many Thanks
Joseph

Symptoms:  Sneezing, occasional coughing, severe joint ache especially in the legs, tiredness, thirst.
Doctor