Shooting back pain

Patient: I injured my back this saturday passed went to doctor no xrays but gave me t3’s now four days later when i try to cough i get a sharp spasm pain around my loer left side what can i do? i do have an infrared sauna also

Doctor: According to your description of the events and the characteristics of the pain, most likely you may have a Post traumat ic Intercostal Neuritis, which is not a serious condition but very annoying indeed and slow healing. By an spasm or a direct trauma the intercostal nerve got injured, and that’s why you are feeling that shooting pain every time you cough.The suggested strategy would be: please, try to be patient and do not expect an overnight improvement, take anti inflammatory medication (“Aleve”, “Motrin”), and also Vitamin B12 supplement. Local moist heat helps to ease the pain (as you mentioned infrared sauna). Try to avoid activities that worsen the pain.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts