x
161 Physicians Online

Question:

Shooting pains along with headaches

I have had a headache for about 3 weeks now it's on the left side of my head and more in the front besides the headaches I get sharp shooting in my head as well and also I've been really weak and tired. What could this be? I'm in need of some advice because I have 7 kids and I have no med insurance. It's hard to deal with my everyday d duties I've never suffered from headaches in the past so I'm wondering why now I have not changed my diet or daily activities.

Answer:

The most common cause of these headaches could be either due to a Tension type headache or a migraine. The cause of these headaches could be due to stress, lack of sleep, dehydration, irregular meals, eyestrain. It is important to keep a headache diary where you note when each episode of headache occurred, how long they lasted, how was it relieved.
Taking NSAIDS like ibuprofen during the attack and life style modifications like healthy diet, regular exercise and de-stresing by yoga, music will help to reduce the symptoms.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA