Shorness of breath low o2

Patient

Q: Hi

I was in hospital last week as I was having an asthma attack and my oxygen levels where low, about 89 on average. As this seemed to be not picking up they kept me in for two days. I am still the same, peakflow in the day 400 and at night 200, my blood o2 at night is about 92 and in the day 97. However if i walk to the bottom of my garden to feed the chickens my pulse is 112 and blood oxygen is about 89. If i sit down after about 10 mins all goes back to normal.

My doctor just says take your blue inhaler or go to hospital, if I try an walk to the shop at the bottom of our road I am a mess for about an hour. Getting upstairs causes me to have an asthma attack.

My GP saw me monday and as I had been waiting for 30 mins to see him things settled down, blood o2 98 and peakflow 380 so he says oh well your fine now.

This has been going on for nearly six months. I black out two or three times a week and have no energy to do anything.

Symptoms:  Coughing, shortness of breath
Doctor