Short bursts of cardio gives me extreme chest pain Running

Q: Short bursts of cardio gives me extreme chest pain. Running up a flight of steps, sprinting 10 yardd after resting, it all causes extreme chest pain and my heart beat rises and it beats out of control. After running for 5 seconds, my heart will beat 100 mph for 10 minutes straight to the point to where I need to sit down and cannot move until it's calm again. I get random heart palpitations, I get chest pains, and I am a relatively healthy teenage athlete. I need answers. I have a subaortic membrane in my heart that also caused a heart murmur. I am not sure if maybe the membrane could be growing or if they are related at all. Thank you for all your time. Taylor.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

With chest pain radiating to arm and breathlessness on walking, Cardiac Chest Pain is the most probable diagnosis. However, Acid reflux and Muscular pain needs to be kept in consideration.
It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different.
The Muscular chest pain is dull and diffuse and any movement aggravates it. It is usually continuous and not intermittent like Cardiac Chest Pain. Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases with activity like walking, exercising. It often radiates to left arm, shoulder and nape of the neck.
So, first of all you should get an ECG and Chest X-ray done. If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
For cardiac evaluation of chest pain, an ECHO and Treadmill Test (TMT) are indicated. If any abnormality is found, then an angiography should be performed.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy