Short of breath, viral invection, dizzy spells, trouble coughing

Q: Hi, i had a cough for around 2 weeks which caused me no pain or comfortless any way. However,a week ago i started getting symptoms of a cold i.e runny nose, chesty cough ect. The past 4-5 days i've been waking up really short of breath with dizzyness and ended up in hospital ( i noticed that i had trouble trying to cough and i mainly get short of breath after i coughed), they said it was a viral infection and gave me antibiotics. This was 3 days ago and i still feel the same. I can just about walk up the stairs before i go dizzy and get breathless and last night i got really short of breath and dizzy just laying in bed. Should i go back to the hospital or docter?

A:   Thank you for your question. We recommend that you report to your nearest emergency room. Your shortness of breath and dizziness concerns us that you are having a problem with your heart. It is possible that your upper respiratory tract infection could be causing this, but we want to make sure that there are no serious issues affecting your heart which could be life threatening. Please go to your nearest emergency room.

Thank you for consulting