Short period, then brown discharge, Have I conceived?

Q: My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months. This is the fourth month and I started what I thought was my period one day early, it surprised me as I didn't get my usual warning cramps before. Later in the day I did have cramps but a lot milder and higher up than usual The bleeding stopped after 2 days and overall was much lighter than my usual period. 2 days later I had brown watery dishcarge occur. Is it possible we have conceived? I've never experienced these symptoms before?

Symptoms:  Short 2 day bleed around time of period
Brown watery discharge 2 days later
Low backache
Very visible spots around areolae- normal to have bumps but these are much more raised

A:   Implantation bleeding is seen in some women who are pregnant at the time of the expected period but is characteristically lighter, reddish brown or light pink in color and is easily recognized as different than a period. What you are experiencing could be implantation bleeding as you are also experiencing other pregnancy symptoms such as areolar changes etc. The best thing to do now is to take a pregnancy test.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. You should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best.
Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers' instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit,
For more accurate results test first thing in the morning and give the kit a few minutes to work. Most women are able to take the test themselves without any hassles. Wish you all the very best.