Shortness of breath with heart block

Patient : I am a very active person. I am a male, 36, 6'1, 200lbs. I run 5 miles four days a week. Lately I have had some minor pain in my left inner thigh that comes and goes. My leg is not swollen, red, or warm to the touch. I have also had some shortness of breath that is not present when I run, just at rest. I had shortness of breath for about a 1 month duration 2 months ago. I had a 24 hour holter monitor, echocardiogram, and an EKG. All normal with the exception of the EKG. It showed a 1st degree heart block. The cardiologist told me that it is normal in very active people. I guess I am nervous about a pulmonary embolism. I have no chest pain, but I do have a minor cough along with the shortness of breath. The shortness of breath is not extreme and not present during exercise.
Doctor :   Welcome To Ask The Doctor. We understand your concern. Your history is suggestive of a condition known as Meralgia P aresthesia. It is a type of pinched nerve. You should get your blood sugar checked as diabetics are prone to it. If you ECHO is clear, it is very unlikely to be Pulmonary Embolism. As far as treatment of Meralgia Paresthesia is concerned, initially I would advise you to do hot fomentation with hot water bag and apply local gels containing Diclofenac and Menthol over there. If this persists even after 7 days, I would recommend treatment with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine. I hope it helps.