Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Shortness of breathing, Is it due to problem with the hearte

Shortness of breathing, Is it due to problem with the hearte

Patient: I have shortness of breathing for 3 years now, with exhausting when i do any normal thing like running or riding the stairs ,i have no chest pain with it ,i have been using ventolin but sometimes it doesnt work and i be struggling to breathe for like 2 hours, and doctors said its not asthma ,what i want to know is it related to my heart or lungs?

Doctor: It is difficult for me to tell whether your symptoms of breathlessness is caused due to a cardiac or pulmonary cause. Ev aluation of the dyspnea will require blood tests like a complete blood count, thyroid levels, a chest x- ray or CT, spirometry, and allergic testing. I would suggest you to consult a doctor or respirologist for further evaluation.