Should a person with Immune disease get a Flu shot?

Patient : Should patient with autoimmune disease get the flu shot?
Doctor :   A flu shot protects against 3 different types of influenza viruses that usually cause common cold but may also cause com plications like pneumonia and ear infections. The people at risk of complications of flu are the elderly, children less than two years of age, pregnant women and people suffering from other diseases like diabetes, lung heart and kidney diseases, cancer. The flu shot is very safe and an allergic reaction is very rare. And unless you are allergic to the vaccine and suffer from  neurologic disease like Guillain-Barre, it is safe to receive the flu vaccination.