Should I be concerned that when I ejaculate it's all

Patient

Q: Should I be concerned that when I ejaculate it's all blood and then my penis bleeds.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.

Read and understood that when you ejaculate, there is all blood and you penis too bleeds.
This is called Hematospermia.
Since you have not mentioned your age, I can give you only a broad based idea.
In many cases it will be difficult to get and pin-point the cause of Hematospermia.
The commonest are from the prostate, the epididymis, seminal vesicles and so on.

I would advise in such a case the following.
- Send the semen for analysis and more importantly the culture and sensitivity too.
- PSA is a blood test for Prostate specific antigen.
- Clinical evaluation, per-rectal digital examination and investigations like ultrasonography. MRI may help a lot to get a diagnosis.
Addition Urethro-cystography by an Urologist is a must.

Since the cause is not known in every case, the treatment is always on empirical basis till the cause is found and specific if the cause is found.

I hope this answer helps you get started properly.