Should I be on ant-depressant medication could it help me ....

Patient

Q: I have suffered from high anxiety and saddness , not wanting to be anymore , etc for about 5 years since i was tricked into giving my 3 born child up for adoption the saddness and feelings of depression has effected my life a great deal since but even more so lately she turned 5 this past july.... Do you think anti-depressant meds could help me I find myself more and more lost in my head in my own thoughts . its getting worse not better its affecting every part of my life more and more.....

Doctor