Should I be tested again for herpes?

Q: A year ago I slept with a boy, just recently he has come to me to tell me that he has herpes and that it is from someone he had slept with before myself. I went to the doctor to get tested, she took some swabs and called me back a few weeks later to tell me that I was not infected with herpes. Should she have taken a blood test as I have not experienced an outbreak before?

Symptoms:  None

If the local swabs for culture and vaginal swabs have been negative and there has been no outbreak in a week , then it is unlikely that you have contracted herpes and hence no actual need of a blood test to look for IgM antibodies for herpes virus.
I hoep i have answered your query,
wishing you safe sexual practices,