Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Should i be worried?

Should i be worried?

Patient: Really bad sharp lower back pain. Has been hurting for a month now. Hurts to walk and lift up my legs. Ive tried muscle relaxers from my doctor and nothing has worked. What should i do

Symptoms: Low back pain

Doctor: Welcome To Ask The Doctor.The pain you are describing seems to be of Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PIVD).In fact w hen we examine a patient with low back pain we do this test called as Straight Leg Rising Test. If a person has pain on passively raising the straight leg, it is suggestive of PIVD.I would advise in such scenario to get a MRI of Lumbo sacral spine done.The treatment would be based on the severity. If the nerve compression is not severe, you will be treated with Pregabalin, Methylcobalamine, Duloxetine, Physiotherapy.I hope the information helps.Stay Healthy.