Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Should I be worried about getting pregnant?

Should I be worried about getting pregnant?

Patient: Hi, I was wondering if you could help me? The situation is that I am on birth control and have been for 6 months without missing a day. I stopped my pill at the end of my pack in order to have a period, but after stopping my pill on the thurs we had sex unpretected on the sat morning before starting my period. I am currently on my period but should i be worried about that one day?

Doctor: When taken properly, birth control pills are 98 to 99 percent effective, in preventing pregnancy with no additional prec autions. Since you’re got your periods, there is no risk for pregnancy.