Should i be worried about my one year olds strange new behavior?

Patient

Q: For the past few days my 1 year old (14months) suddenly starts crying and then screaming and i don't know why. after a few seconds (while still crying) she starts hitting herself in the head...HARD. she started doing this about 4 days ago. should i be worried? and its like something is not letting her sleep. when she does, its only for anywhere between 20min - 2hours, but never any longer. she'll go to sleep around 2am, wakes up at 3:30 or 4am, falls back to sleep about 11am and will wake up at 12 or 12:30pm. then she'll stay up till about 2am and do it all over again. she DOES NOT nap during the day. this has been going on for more than 3 weeks. she had an ear infection and when i called her Dr (twice) he said that not sleeping was due to the ear infection. im really worried and afraid that its more than just the infection. she was given a 14day supply of amoxicillin. she finished it 2days ago. i really dont know what to do.

Doctor