Ask The Doctor > Pending > Should I be worried about spotting before my period? I

Should I be worried about spotting before my period? I

Patient: Should I be worried about spotting before my period? I have been spotting almost every day for two weeks and I’m due to get my period in 2 days. Some times it’s a couple drops of fresh blood, sometimes it’s older blood when I wipe. I skipped a couple of pills at the start of my cycle and had break through bleeding for 2 days after but that was almost 4 weeks ago now at the start of my cycle and now I am at the end. What could it be? I also have back cramps. I can’t see my local GP for another 2 days till she is on roster. Thanks in advance

Symptoms: Cramps and spotting

Doctor: