Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Should I be worried that my lower back pain is so painful.

Should I be worried that my lower back pain is so painful.

Patient: Should I be worried that my lower back pain is so painful that I cant stand up it takes my breath away and makes me want to vomit. I have MRI’s and x-rays but they all come back normal I know my body and I know something is not right with my back. I cant even pick up a bag off the floor

Symptoms: Turning to the left or right. Its relieved when I bend over but I cant straighten up right after I bend down

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for writing in to us.I have read through your query in detail.Please find my observations below.1. I wish to have a look at your xray and MRI images and reports if possible.2. You are very young to have any degenerative changes.3. However any small neural foraminal narrowing can be causing the problem. Sometimes bending forwards causes the spinal canal to become wider and there is no pressure on the nerves. When you are turning to right or left side and upright, there is some pressure on nerves. This is probably mild and not clearly visualised on the MRI scan. With this you might be having muscle spasm.Hope your query is answered.Please do write back if you have any doubts.Regards,

Patient: I can get you the MRI and the X-rays do I up load them here or somewhere else? will muscle spasms cause me to completely loose function in my legs and want to vomit?

Doctor: Hi,
Thanks for writing back with an update.
1. You can get the MRI scan uploaded to dropbox or google drive and share the download link.
2. Please upload complete DVD online.
3. It is difficult for muscle spasm to cause significant loss of function without any injury. Vomiting can be a reaction to pain.
Hope your query is anwered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
Regards,