Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Should I call ambulance or just take aspirin

Should I call ambulance or just take aspirin

Patient: I have a triple fractured tibia I have been in plaster 4weeks been taking blood thinner up until a week ago now for the past two days have a pain in the middle of my calf is this DVT and what should I do

Symptoms: Pain in calf

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Yes, this can be DVT. Since you must have been bed rid den for long, you can develop DVT.However, the pain can be related to fracture only.In any case, we can’t afford to miss DVT.I would advise you to see your doctor who will examine you and if feels this is DVT would get a Doppler of your legs done.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy