Should I choose IV Antibiotics?

Q: I have a UTI that has been resistant to all antibiotics so far. I have been advised by my primary care Dr. to make an appt. with an infectious disease Dr. to get IV antibiotics. I am not happy about this course of action. I am worried about what these IV antibiotics could do to me...long term and immediate side effects. Also about being exposed to something in the office. Should I go to a urologist first? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Symptoms:  Discomfort in the urethra area...some pressure...especially when I bend over. When I first went on a low dose of Cipro for 17 days, there was a lot of pain when I went to the bathroom...but not now. I also have been taking Oregano oil for 3 weeks...a lot of diaharrea, but no pain so far