Should I get a diff. antibiotic if symptoms won't lessen?

Patient

Q: So Monday I went to the doctor and found out that I have strep throat. He prescribed me amoxicillin, I've been talking it for 48+ hours. My symptoms have not lessened at all. Should I get another prescription?

Symptoms:  Cough, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, headache, mucus build up in nose and throat, and very itchy nose and eyes.
Doctor

Thank you for your query at “AskTheDoctor.com”

It appears that you have developed resistance to amoxicillin.
As we are not certain as to what type of bacteria is causing sore throat so we recommend that you have your doctor take a swabbing sample from the back of your throat for laboratory testing.
A culture and sensitivity test will reveal antibiotic to which organisms are sensitive.
Please see your Doctor and discuss testing and changing the antibiotics.
Your doctor may also prescribe you pain killers along with antibiotics.
Saline gargles with lukewarm water shall give relief from pain.

Hope this helps.
Wish you a good health!